5 tips to recognize your dosha and learn to self manage your health
What are the doshas?
The doshas are the inner energy that each person has, there are 3 types of doshas: pita, vata and kapha. All the people we have of the 3 doshas but in different proportion. We must try to keep the most predominant dosha in balance, acquire a good state of health.
5 questions to know your predominant dosha:
- According to your daily activity: do you work a lot and without rest (Pita), do you prefer to do new activities and some leave them unfinished, are you hyperactive (Vata) or do you tend to be sedentary, and love to be lying down and relaxed (Kapha)?
- According to your way of feeding yourself: do you like sweet, bitter, astringent, spicy and fried food, you have a lot of appetite (Pita), you eat in a hurry, little quantity and without fixed schedules and you like sweet, acid and salty flavors (Vata) Do you prefer bitter, spicy and astringent, sweets, fried foods and heavy foods (Kapha)?
- What is the most positive of your way of being a character? Are you intelligent and of clear objectives? (Pita); Are you sociable, flexible, friendly? (Vata); Are you loyal, compassionate, patient? (Kapha)
- How do you react to stress? Can you get aggressive sometimes, hyper-demanding and demanding? (Pita); In your bad moments, fear, fear, worry, anxiety invade you? (Vata); Do you sometimes become somewhat depressed, possessive and jealous, your appetite is moderate but constant? (Kapha)
- What is your worst and best season of the year?: Worse: summer / better: winter (Pita) - Worse: winter and autumn, preference for warm climates (Vata) - Trend to cold, humidity disgusts (Kapha)
They work a lot, they do not rest, they do not relax a lot, they drink a lot of liquid, they eat a lot, and they like spicy foods and fried foods. They are mentally very intelligent, studious and of clear objectives, but if they become unbalanced (especially in summer), they can be annoying, competitive, aggressive.
My advice for Pita
It is convenient fresh foods, salads, bitter, astringent and sweet. Fruits, legumes, green leafy vegetables, no fried food or heavy meals or alcohol.
They are physically smaller or sometimes disproportionate in certain parts of the body, without many muscles, they do many activities, they are very active and changing, they do not have solid, very sociable, flexible, friendly commitments. But they can become unbalanced in winter and autumn, with nervousness, worry and fear. They do not metabolize very well what they consume. , and they are deregulated by spicy, bitter and astringent flavors.
My advice for Vata
The favors keep food routines in fixed hours, also massages. Hot and nutritious foods (such as soups and stews) are the most recommended. They should be warm if it is cold, drink liquid and do not skip meals. The flavors that balance them are sweet, salty and acid, and are the most convenient for this type of person.
They do not get sick easily, they have a tendency to gain weight due to a sedentary lifestyle. Therefore, they may have cardiovascular related diseases: diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, etc. The flavors to which they tend are the sweets. They tend to sedentary lifestyle and stability, they do not easily modify routines, they are slow, they speak softly. They are loving, loyal, compassionate, patient, but unbalanced people can be depressed and possessive.
My advice for Kapha
A dry diet based on bitter, astringent and spicy flavors is recommended, and they should avoid the sweets, fried foods and heavy foods that they like the most. It is convenient to change naps by physical activity.
Do you want to know more? Enter to a useful test to find out what your dosha is: